Critical Infrastructure Risk Assessment is your hands-on, step-by-step guide to understanding, prioritizing and mitigating risk. Ernie Hayden guides the reader with tools, examples, processes plus a real-world example risk assessment report. The reader will learn what constitutes critical infrastructure and risk, and you will be guided in preparing, performing, and documenting a risk assessment of any complex facility.
This handbook is for junior and senior personnel alike. Whether you’re a consultant, plant manager, corporate risk manager, engineer, or student, read this book before you jump into your first technical assignment! Critical Infrastructure Risk Assessment will guide you to:
- Understand Risk, Risk Management, and Risk Assessment.
- Navigate your Risk Assessment process from pre-visit through the final report.
- Prepare for your site Risk Assessment.
- Balance Risk Assessment activities including Observations and Inspections.
- Weigh Critical, High, Medium, and Low Risk for your assessment findings.
- Perform Interviews and Material Condition Inspections as part of the Risk Assessment Process.
- Draw practical lessons from a real-world example risk assessment report.
- Motivate and educate engineers on ways to perform large-facility risk assessments.
- Capture your risk assessment findings and strengths in a realistic, usable risk assessment report.
- Make decisions and do the right thing to conduct an effective Risk Assessment of any large, complex facility.